Let’s cut the tree by the root, before it grows!
I swear it’s not a Corporate Tale!
Technology x Jobs
There is a collective hysteria about Artificial Intelligence. In Brazil, there is a panic among politicians about hitchhiking applications, creating fear related to taxi drivers’ well-being. There are those who go further, fear of the automatic cars.
I say that it is fear of the unknown.
That is not new…
But let’s historically list thoughts like these:
-Horses x Cars
-Candles x Lamps
-Machines x Workers
Curiously, it is not mentioned how many new jobs were generated by the new industries to the detriment of those that were gone:
-Programmer / operator / maintainer
And so it goes. Many fear the removal and loss of jobs. I see this thought as Neo-Ludism.
I will not discuss what it is, but rather, I will put what they believe on*:
- Rejection of all modern technology – “This is logically necessary, because modern technology is a whole in which all parts are interconnected, you can not get rid of the bad parts without also getting rid of parts that look good.”
- Rejection of civilization itself.
- Rejection of materialism and its replacement by a conception of life that values moderation and self-sufficiency, while depreciating the acquisition of goods or status.
- Love and reverence for nature or even worship of nature
- Exaltation of freedom
- Punishment of those responsible for the current situation. “Scientists, engineers, corporate executives, politicians and so on to make the cost of improving very great technology for anyone to try.” ***
* Wikipedia list.
** Curiously, the author of this list has a website, which must have taken money from the newspapers, the telephone directories, the mail…
*** Developers, you’re the target!
The Teleportation Machine
On this same way… We need to stop any study that may come to who-knows-a-day-maybe-if-all-right invent a teleportation machine.
Let’s hunt down all the physicists. Hunt down the license and arrest all those people who study quantum physics. Imagine how many jobs are gone if someone invents this curse of this teleportation:
I consider all fears above as nonsense near what will happen the day they invent a teleportation (in the very best Star Trek style). Oh really? Let’s hunt down all the physicists. Hunt down the license and arrest all those people who study quantum physics. Imagine how many jobs are gone if someone invents this curse of this teleportation:
- All delivery services
- Construction of streets
- Auto Industry
- Toll Industry
- Taxes on vehicles, manufacturing, licensing …
- Tire Factory
- Oil industry
And so it goes. You have to end the study of physics. Let’s cut the evil before some sadist invents teleportation.
And damn the jobs that will be created with this invention. This is not our problem. To ave a lot to study and stay current, yes, that is a problem that we do not want to have. Down the Teleport Machines!